Monday, August 2, 2010

Kalli Lyn turns 9!




So I am a little slow at getting this post up as Kalli has been nine for over a week! It is still hard to realize she is now 9! How did she get so old so fast!!! So, I wanted to write a few things down about her, so looking back both her and I can remember those special little things.

-She is a wonderful big sister to both her brother and sister
-Dreyken will go to Kalli over Mom most of the time!
-She loves to listen to music and dance with Dreyken (something Dreyken loves to do!)
-be careful, she has a very sarcastic sense of humor! She comes across as shy, but once she opens up, she is full of fun.
-Is a very good clogger
-Loves to read books, both by herself and to her brother and sister
-She is always asking to make brownies, and does a very good job making them mostly by herself (I just have to put them in the oven!)
-She has such a great heart and is such a wonderful daughter, I am very lucky to get to be her mom!




I love this picture of Kalli and Tarek! It is so how they are together!


I really do feel so lucky to get to have Kalli as my daughter, she is such a blessing to our family. She has been such a huge help to me this last year, and has become a little mom to Dreyken. For her birthday (and because they were starting to get really in the way) she was able to get contacts, and is so happy to be able to see! I thought she looked very cute in glasses, but remember how much more freedom I felt when I got to move on to contacts. Markell came up for a few days and we were able to take my kids downtown to get a few updated pictures, needless to say, Kalli wants to go redo them since she had her glasses on then! The pictures turned out super cute! Thanks Markell!




She wanted a blue lady bug cake for her birthday (weird I know) but her reasoning was that her favorite but was a ladybug and her favorite color is blue! It actually turned out pretty cute in the end. Happy Birthday Kalli! We love you!

5 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

What great pictures! 9 is great!

Stephanie said...

She does look very cute in glasses. I love her hair! Happy birthday Kalli!

FitzSimmons Times said...

She looks so big! Happy Birthday Kalli! We have a present for you - we will send it home with Grandma this weekend!

Jackie said...

The pictures turned out really cute! Now we'll have to get some with her contacts. She looks a lot like her mom!!

Jake and Jana said...

I can't believe Kalli is 9! Markell did an awesome job taking pictures!