Monday, April 30, 2012

UTAH

This last weekend I was able to go with my parents to Utah for my cousin Charlotte's wedding. I took Dreyken and Tarek with me while Dan stayed home with Kalli so she could try-out for a traveling soccer team.
(We are still waiting to find out if she made it or not) We drove down on Friday and made our way to the Temple for the wedding. I stayed outside with both the kids and we got to explore Temple Square. Tarek and Dreyken had never been there, and it had been awhile since I had been there so we had a really great time. The Temple grounds are so beautiful and it is just such a peaceful place. After the wedding we headed to a church for a dinner and reception. It was great to get to see some of my Dad's family that I don't get to see very often and visit. .
Then we headed back to the hotel and Jake and I took the kids swimming. They LOVED IT and didn't want to leave.
The next day we got back in the car and headed to Lagoon! It turned out to be a really nice day weather wise and the crowds were very small in the kids area (there was a DECA Competition going on in SLC so the other rides were PACKED!) and the kids got to walk on to almost every ride. Tarek was the only one who really wanted to go on the other rides, so my Dad, Jake and Jana did wait in line for a few rides he really wanted to ride. He is exactly 46" which is how tall you need to be to ride all the "BIG" rides. So, he took the challange and rode -- Wicked, Colossus, the White Rollar Coaster, and Spider! He was super proud of himself and enjoyed telling other park visitors how "Brave" he was.
Dreyken was so much better then last year and rode just about anything! She was super happy and made the day so much nicer. (Last year she refused to even go on Bulgy the Whale!) Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us along. We had such a great time

2 comments:

Traci said...

We get to SEE you soon! YAY! Love all the pictures, looks like fun! :) Your kids are so big, ahh! ♥

Jackie said...

Your kids are so photogenic. Lagoon wouldn't be any fun without the grandkids there:)