Thursday, August 28, 2008

SWIMMING NIGHT

Monday was Kaydra's birthday, and since it was also family night, the FitzSimmons had decided to take their kids to Heise (a swimming pool about thirty minutes away that has a large out door pool and a huge waterslide, along with a smaller heated pool and than a very hot Hot tub that is filled by a natural hot spring).
Tarek and Kanyon enjoying the pool

They were kind enough to invite us along as well as Jake and Jana. We went after the girls had gotten home from school about 3:30 and there was almost nobody there. If you go in the summer time the park is so crowded that you can hardly find anywhere to even sit for a minute, this time was totally different. In fact, when Brooke asked if the slide was open they said that it should be, but no one was on it, so if we wanted to use it that was great and they would open it up just for us!

Kaydra jumping!


Kalli jumping!


Kanyon jumping!

The girls thought this was great, so of course we bought the all you can ride pass and they diffenately got their money's worth as there was no line.They also loved going off the diving board. I don't get any pictures of them on the water slide, but Jana did so hopefully she got some good ones. I was even able to take Tarek on the slide twice. I thought it was fun until the end when it shoots you out of the slide. Twice was plenty for him, he said it was "fun and scary for him". Tarek swimming!

Kanyon, Brooke and Kaydra enjoying the day

Afterwards we got dressed and walked over to the golf course club house where they serve pizza and had dinner and cake to celebrate Kaydra's birthday.
Kaydra and her birthday Cake!
All four kids enjoying the food!

The kids had such a great time and want to go again. We definately know what time of year to go up there, the water was still warm and we all had such a fun time.

4 comments:

Shea said...

Wow..I have not been there for years! It looks like it hasn't changed much if at all :) I'm glad you guys had a good time! That makes me want to take the boys..I will just have to keep it in mind the time of year to go.

Amy said...

WE LOVE HEISE! Jace thinks that the slide is wonderful...he gave me quite the workout because we had to keep going up the stairs. I've been wanting to go back, nice to know its a good time to go!

Tammi said...

I heard about the fun time! I think it sounds great:) I am glad you posted pictures so we could all enjoy. Thanks for blogging:)

Jared and Jennie Faurschou said...

It sounds like you guys had a good time at the water park.
I am glad that you got things worked out with the bus. I know dealing with the bus stuff isn't fun. We had a bus drive that Christian was scared of last year so he stoped riding it. Good thing we got a new nice one this year.