Thursday, April 9, 2009

TRIALS

So I am very grateful for the conference talks that were given on Sunday about trials and that things could be worse and if we keep trying, we can get through them. When I took Dreyken in for her two month check-up I had a conversation with her Doctor about her head, it had started to grow a little lop sided and was just getting worse. He checked her out and said that we may need to put her in a helmet in order to get her head corrected. This would mean wearing a helmet on her head for the next year. We decided that we would make an effort to get her to lay differently on her head for the next two months and if things don't get better than the helmet will start. I didn't think this would be that hard, however, she REALLY hated laying on her other side and therefore wasn't sleeping at night. I took her in to see the Chiropractor that has been working on my back and hips the last few weeks, and after checking her neck he discovered that she has some issues with the bones and muscles in her neck causing her to only be able to turn her head one way. Luckily, he has worked on kids with this problem before and she has begun to make some progress and is now more willing to turn her head in both directions, this has also helped somewhat with her head, though it is still a little crooked. Hopefully with a few more weeks of therapy we can avoid the helmet.

As if going to the chiropractor three, sometimes four times a week isn't hard enough, Tarek started throwing up again. Yes, I know he is always sick, we are blessing Dreyken on Sunday, and it seems as though anytime we are getting together with family he gets something,so I decided to take him in. The doctor believes he has some asthma, something that runs in Dan's family, and wants him to do breathing treatments for the next few weeks along with three types of medications. He also wanted to have a chest x-ray done. So while Brooke watched Dreyken, Tarek and I headed to the hospital for the x-ray. Apparently, he is developing some pneumonia, so it was a good thing we got him in. Hopefully things will improve.

I really am grateful for the talks from conferences, as they have helped me keep this week in perspective. I am blessed with great kids and have so many blessings. I know my trials are minimal compared to many and for that I am truly grateful. I know things will get better and we will all be just fine, but it sure does seems as though when one trial comes, many follow. Thankfully our trials make us stronger and better people.

2 comments:

Tammi said...

I love you Courtney.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Courtney, I wish you would have said something about her head. We went through the exact same thing with Abigail and her head. Just work on getting her to turn her head, I'm sure the chiropractor gave you some stretches and stuff. And if things don't get better, at her four month check-up, get a referral to Dr. Morales. He was Abigail's doctor, and comes up from SLC every six weeks. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Leslie