Thursday, May 14, 2009

COUPONS!


So I have found a new hobby. A friend of mine had begun to cut out coupons and after talking to her and learning how much she was able to save along with getting a food storage, I am now totally hooked. It is so crazy to go to a store and come out with a few bags of groceries while only having spent a few dollars. I do spend quite a bit of time cutting out the coupons, but usually I do that at night while watching TV. However, yesterday Tarek got out his scissors and "helped" me. He was so proud of the pile of cut up paper he made, and I was quite impressed with his control of the scissors and that he was actually able to cut a few straight lines. He thinks it is like real money and that if there is a picture of something, and you cut out the "coupon", than you get that thing. So in his world I am going to be getting a new camera and he is going to get a new trampoline and bike! If only it really worked that way. However, it is really crazy how much you can really get if you use coupons plus my food storage is really starting to grow!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love it too. There is a lady who by us who also will e-mail everyone what the sales are at all the grocery stores, what is a good deal or a great deal, and then she will send out menus to use the food that is on sale. It is fabulous. I hate to pay for food items full price now! It really does get addicting...but a good addiction.

Amy said...

So you are going to have to teach me about coupons. I've tried to do a few, but I don't feel like I'm really saving that much.

Amanda said...

Hey! I don't remember how I found your blog (maybe facebook), but it is fun to see how you are doing. I have started to do the coupon thing as well. I am amazed by how much I can save as well.

My mom and sister were always wanting to know what deals I was getting, and so I started a little blog mainly for them. It isn't nearly as good as most others, but it allows me to share deals without being pushy.

My other blog is private, but I give invitations if you want. My deal blog is:
familysaverdeals.blogspot.com
My email is on facebook.

I hope you are doing well.

GeorgAnna said...

Nothing drives me crazier than getting in line behind a gal with 100 coupons. So go to the store when things aren't too busy. Great way to save on the budget.
Grandma Fuller