Tuesday, June 2, 2009

LAUGHING

Dreyken in now officially four months old! The time has gone by so fast, she is getting so big and so cute. I don't take her in for her check-up until the 10th, but according to the chiropractor it is looking like we may not have to have a helmet! YEA! She has started to roll over (only from tummy to back though, she really is not a fan of being on her tummy), loves to yell and talk, and has started to laugh. It is so cute to hear her really laugh hard.Dreyken has also started to suck on her shirts. Anytime she can, she shoves her clothes into her mouth and sucks on it making her clothes soaking wet. She loves her brother and sister and almost always has a smile on her face.

As for other news, I was able to travel with my mom to visit my sister Markell in Moscow for a weekend. I took Dreyken with me and Dan watched the other two kids. Actually, they headed up to my Grandparents cabin for a few nights and camped out. Tarek thought sleeping in a tent was the coolest thing next to catching bugs. Kalli learned to ride a motorcycle for the first time (well sort of anyway, it sounds like she was a little scared and prefers the small four wheelers she rides a lot better) It sounds like they had a great weekend. Dreyken and I spent the weekend helping Markell move to a new apartment and shopping. It was lots of fun to get to spend time with her and my mom, and not have to worry about the other kids running around.

Dan and Tarek have also been busy out in our yard. Tarek is quite the little helper and always wants to be where his Dad is. He is very into the bugs he catches, and was VERY impressed when Grandpa was able to catch a bee in a jar and not get stung. (the bee had gotten into the house and my dad was able to trap it on a window into a jar). The bee came home with us that night, and lucky for me, it is no longer with us! I am not sure what I am going to do with him and his love of bugs. He has found my canning jars downstairs and will bring several up to catch bugs and worms in, and then want them to live on my table and counter. He returned home with a jar full of slugs from the cabin (SOOO GROSS!) I often wonder where he came from. Yesterday, after getting after him for not listening to me, I was starting to get a little angry at him, when he looks me straight in the eyes and says " MOM! JUST CHILL!" What a kid.

Kalli is now done with Second grade and is all ready for summer. She had a great time at Kaydra's birthday / going away party, but is really sad to see her go. She was glad to know that unlike when a friend moves away and you don't get to see them anymore, she will still get to see Kaydra once in a while. She is just finishing soccer and is beginning softball. She was really disappointed when she found out she was going to have to miss her first game for a dentist appointment where she is getting some teeth pulled. She is really not looking forward to that at all. She is such a great helper to me with Dreyken, and I am excited to get to have her home for awhile.




2 comments:

Jackie said...

Loved hearing Dreyken's laugh. She is growing up so fast! We love you guys.

Amy said...

CUTE laugh! They have some cool bug catching things at Target...that way Tarek won't use all your canning jars. My boys are scared of bugs, I think I'd rather have them like them so they can get them for me :)