Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DOCTORS, LAGOON AND TENNIS TOURNAMENTS!

So last Friday I got a HUGE surprise. Dan came home a little early from work and held out some car keys. He asked if I wanted to drive my new car. I WAS SHOCKED! I have been asking for a bigger car since I first found out I was pregnant with Dreyken. He actually hadn't bought the car yet, but was really serious about it. I drove it around a bit and really liked it. Anyway, he headed back to the car lot and was gone for another hour and a half. When he came home, he still had the van and had traded in his truck. It was the best surprise I have had in awhile. What a great husband I have.
I also took Dreyken in for her four month check-up. She had grown some, but only weighed in at 15lbs 1oz, meaning she only gained three lbs in the last two months. She went from 90th percentile to 40th. However, she is still a chunky looking baby with chubby checks. She was 26 3/4 inches long, and the best news of all NO HELMET! The doctor was quite impressed with the progress she has made with the help of the chiropractor. I was so glad to hear that we wouldn't need a helmet. She is getting big fast and loves to play with Kalli and Tarek. She has also learned she has a voice and loves to just scream.
We headed to Lagoon for a Parry family reunion. It was so fun to see so many family members and my kids had fun getting to know some of their other cousins (well, I should say second cousins) Tarek's favorite ride was getting to be a passenger in the go carts,(thanks Tammi and Larkin for the picture!) Kalli on the other hand got a migraine about half way through the day and ended up sleeping on the grass for most of the afternoon. She was really bummed out and frustrated that she always ends up sick on days we do fun things.
I played in a tennis match on Saturday. It has been awhile since I had played in a tournament and this one was small and only on Saturday so I decided I would give it a go. It was a mixed doubles tournament and my cousin Jordyn was also playing in the same tournament, just at a higher level. We had won our first two matches and were warming up for our third (and last) of the day when I rolled my ankle. I was able to play the match but was in quite a bit of pain and couldn't move very well, luckily for me, my partner doesn't mind running all over for the shots I miss. We did end up winning the match, and I now have a huge bruised foot to show for my efforts. So much for feeling better!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

your foot is nasty. But your children are cute so its okay. Look at that picture you put on this post of dreyken right next to the picture of tarek on the side bar. Almost identical expressions.

Amy said...

Sorry about the foot! I saw the van in your driveway and wondered if you'd gotten something new or if you had visitors...I'm glad it was something new!!!

FitzSimmons Times said...

Owww! It makes my ankle hurt just looking at the pictures. I agree with Markell. Dreyken and Terek look so much alike and it shows in those two pictures.

Jackie said...

Cute pictures except for the ankle. I can't believe you got Dan in a picture. Love you

Emily said...

I'm sad for your little girl. I got migraines as a kid (still do). Have you tried giving her some kid ibuprofen before big activities or times you'll be out in the sun for a while? It used to help me as a preventive thing. Anyway, your kids are adorable. And your ankle is totally gross.
P.s. Aren't minivans awesome?!;)

Jared and Jennie Faurschou said...

Sorry about your foot but good thing you won. Plus what a nice husband you have to buy you a new car.