Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MY BABY TURNS ONE!

So it is now official, my little girl is now one! I can hardly believe how fast she has grown and how quickly the time has gone by. It is hard to believe that one year ago today, we were in the hospital wondering if we were going to welcome a little girl or boy. Kalli hoping for a girl, Tarek really wanting a boy (he even cried when he found out it was a girl! He has gotten over that and loves her so much.) What an amazing blessing and addition she has been to our family. So along with A LOT of pictures I want to write down a few things about my sweet little beans.
  • Dreyken is a super happy child and very easy going (most of the time)
  • She is quick to laugh and loves to make others laugh / I love to hear her talking to herself and then laughing as though she is telling some sort of joke!
  • She really loves both her brother and sister so much, she will follow them everywhere they go. She is often found sitting at the top of the stairs looking down as she can hear them playing down there, but can't get past the gate.
  • Very much a Daddy's Girl, I have always said some day I will get a child that wants me over my husband. Well, she is not that child! From the minute he walks in the door, she becomes his little shadow.
  • An absolute Master at creating disaster where ever she goes! She empties cupboards, baskets, shelves, anything that she can get her little hands on.
  • Super curious! Which is probably why she creates such disasters as she wants to see what is in every cupboard or box.
  • An absolutely wonderful addition to our family. I can't even imagine what life would be like without her!

So now here are a few (okay a lot) of pictures from the past year of my sweet little girl!

We love you Dreyken Jade! Happy Birthday!

,

7 comments:

Traci said...

Happy Birthday again Dreyken! :) Cute pictures too! And... I think my favorite thing about her birthday was the fact that she was so clean and ladylike... hardly any babies do that with cake! :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I knew it was getting close! She is such a sweetie and I'm glad she'll let me take her to relief society :)

Jake and Jana said...

Yay for first birthdays! I can't believe it's already been a year-Holy Cow! We are so glad to know little Dreyken :) She's such a sweet and fun-loving addition to your family and your kids are so good with her! Love you Dreyken!!

Jackie said...

Happy Bithday Dreyken!!! I love her cute smile. She has grown into such a beautiful little girl!!

Christen said...

Happy Birthday, Dreyken! I can't believe it's already been a year. Babies grow so fast! She is a beauty and hopefully we'll get to meet her before her 2nd birthday??

Bobby Sue said...

Time sure flies! Happy Birthday! What a sweet little girl!

Nettie! said...

She is such a doll!!! I love her smile! What a cutie pie! :)