Sunday, November 9, 2008

TWO POINTS, STOMACH BUG AND ONE SILLY LITTLE BOY!

I haven't had much this week to blog about. Not much has happened in our little house. Kalli had a basketball game on Saturday, and she scored her first basket! She was so excited she was bouncing all over the floor. Since it was her first basket we took the kids out for ice cream cones.
There has been a stomach bug going around our house, and a three year old with an upset stomach is really not very fun! I had thought Tarek was over the bug and he had been fine for about two days, my mom and Brooke called to see if we wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch and let the boys play on the toys. Just after we got our order and were sitting down, I told Tarek to come over and eat his food, he walked over to the table and proceeded to lose everything he had eaten earlier that day. It was such a mess and of course the place was full of people and other kids. As we were getting into the car Tarek said to me "Good thing I didn't throw up on my food huh mom!" What a thought full little boy. Hopefully we have gotten over it now and can get back to normal lives.
I have been told that you should write down the funny or silly things that your kids do when they are little in order to remember them when they get older. I have never been good at doing that, but maybe now would be a good time to start. Today was Sunday and we had just gotten to church and Tarek was complaining about being hungry. In order to get him to be quite at least until the sacrament, I gave him a piece of gum. Well, he settled down and was fine until the sacrament began to be passed. Dan told Tarek to come and give me the gum to throw away. He was not to happy with that and let Dan know that he was not done with it. So Dan explained to him that he would need to put it into his cheek on one side of his mouth while chewing the bread on the other. I look over just as Tarek is taking the sacrament and he has his bright yellow piece of gum stuck to the outside of his cheek! The family behind us, of course, found this to be rather entertaining. He was just excited that at the end he still had his gum! What a cute kid!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Courtney. How are you loving being pregnant again? Is it going any better? At least you're more than halfway done. I'm still dying that you have a seven year old kid...

Amy said...

that is HILLARIOUS!!! I can see him doing that, sorry I missed it! I hope you are all feelng better in the house. Let me know if you need anything!

Amy said...

So, Happy Birthday!