Saturday, March 21, 2009

WE HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH

Today, Dan was out working in the yard and needed to run an errand. He took Tarek with him in his truck that only has jump seats in the back. After they had gotten done what they needed to and were headed home Tarek informed Dan that he was not buckled in. To my knowledge the conversation went like this...
Tarek: Dad I am not buckled in! Mom is going to be so mad!
Dan: It is okay, we just won't tell her.
Tarek: Dad, we have to tell the truth!
Dan: Your right, we do have to tell the truth.
They then talked about telling the truth the rest of the ride home. Once the are home...
Tarek: Dad, you need to go and tell mom the truth!
Dan: You're right, but I am kind of busy so can you tell her for me.
Tarek: okay... (he then came inside and told me) Sorry mom, Dad forgot to buckle me in.
At least he is learning something positive!

No comments: