Monday, November 2, 2009

PIANO RECITAL AND HALLOWEEN

So it has been awhile since I posted anything about Kalli. She has been super busy and is always doing something. On Halloween she had a piano recital and I (once again) forgot the camera. So I had her play the song for me at home and thought I would share. She was really nervous and I was really proud of her for getting up in front of a lot a people to play. She ended up getting picked second to last to go so she was REALLY nervous when she finally got her turn. She really is getting pretty good. She has also started clogging and LOVES IT! For anyone interested she is going to perform on November 18th at the Festival of Trees at 6:00.

Now for a few random pictures from Halloween weekend. The kids had a great time carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating. Kalli was a pirate, Tarek was The Dark Knight, and Dreyken was a pumpkin.



Finally, these are some pictures my brother-in-law took while we were visiting Dan's parents this year. The pumpkins the kids are sitting on have their names grown into them. Lorie carves the kids names into them when they are small and the pumpkins heal themselves, but leave the name engraven. The kids love to "Hunt" for their pumpkins every year. Unfortunately, we had some neighbor kids who thought smashing pumpkins would be a good idea so our pumpkins got broken after only a few days. Luckily, Lorie was able to send up some more for the kids to carve. Those however, only lasted through Halloween, then Halloween night a different set of kids smashed those all over my front door step. Yea, real nice! On the plus side, Dan says they are a lot easier to dispose of that way.



3 comments:

Amy said...

I've heard a lot of people have been having their pumpkins smashed, I guess we were lucky, our are still good! I'm glad you've got Kalli in piano, I keep trying to get Bracken, but I've got to get something for him to practice on first! :)

Jackie said...

Love the costumes and the pumpkins. Maybe you could put something inside the pumpkins next year so if someone smashes them--they explode with a green dye or something--kind of like the banks do with money. Love you guys!

Jake and Jana said...

I love the pic where Dreyk is sitting in the freshly carved pumpkin! They are too cute!