Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FAMILY NIGHT

Yesterday, my kids were starting to get a little stir crazy as they have been cooped up in my house with me almost every day except Saturday and Sunday when Dan was home and they just needed to get out. They are such great kids and have had to put up with a lot from me lately, but it is amazing to me at how creative they can be. For example I was making some Mac and Cheese for lunch and Tarek kept bring blankets out of his and Kalli's room, after awhile he came in so excited and proud of himself. He dragged me into the front room and showed me a fort he had build by himself. He crawled inside and told me that he was going to sleep in here forever, even though his little toes hung out the end. I can remember building forts downstairs when I was young, and we all would start out helping and get board after awhile and leave. Of course when we would come back Paul would have build some elaborate fort that the entire family could fit under.
Tarek and Kalli enjoying his Fort

So to get the kids out of the house for a bit I went and picked up a pizza and got a loaf of old bread and we headed down to the river for a picnic and to feed the ducks for family night. I can remember when I was little my dad taking all the kids down to the river on Sundays to get us out of the house and give my mom some peace. We would feed the ducks and look at the falls, it really is such a beautiful place especially with the temple as the view. We had taken Kalli a lot to feed ducks when we lived in SLC since we were not to far from Sugar House Park and she always had a good time. This was the first time for Tarek, and he was so excited about the entire thing. It is crazy that we have such a beautiful place to walk and enjoy the outdoors so close and this is the first time in his two (almost three) years that we have taken him to feed the ducks. Kalli had a great time as well and neither of them wanted to leave when we were done. It was such a great time and we are definitely going to have to do that again soon.
Kalli and Tarek feeding the ducks with the beautiful Temple behind them

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe you have a six year old! And I thought MY kids were getting big!;) Cute blog. Check ours out when you get a minute.

Shea said...

I miss the river :( It is so beautiful there! Sounds like you guys had a fun night! My kids are always scared that the ducks are going to eat them.