Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!

Well today is Dan's birthday, and being the good wife I am, I did not even wish him a Happy Birthday before he left for work this morning. In my defense, we have already been celebrating most of the weekend. He is really hard to buy anything for, so this year (like just about every year) he picked out his own gift. He found a small Pool Table / Air Hockey table that the kids really enjoy. His reasoning was that now, the kids can play games and he will have more time to watch sports on the TV without disruption! The kids also picked out some Jelly Belly's for him. He always loves to take a bag with him to Church and thinks it is really funny to switch the yummy beans with the nasty Harry Potter ones, so we did get him a few boxes of the gross ones as well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN! WE LOVE YOU! (I tried to find a recent picture of him, but as most of you know, he is very seldom in pictures and if he is it is rarely a normal one)

On another note, we have been getting ready for the baby to come and spent the weekend cleaning the house and moving things around. I have a cradle that I got just before I had Tarek and he used it a lot when he was really little. Dan moved it upstairs so that I could get it cleaned out and dusted off, and Tarek now enjoys using it as a cradle to lay in. It is so hard to believe how fast they grow up and to see him so big! I took a picture and thought I would post one of then and one of now. What a crazy kid!

4 comments:

The Bubs said...

Happy birthday, Dan. For your present, I will give you a different favorite football team. That's right, the Jets.

shqipta said...

That's ok, most of the gifts I get I just give to my kids. Tarek's new favorite football team is the Jets.

Becky Plank said...

I love how he's pretending to be asleep in the cradle! Best of luck with the new baby! PLEASE let me know if you need me to take Tarek for a few hours after you have the little one. I'm here and Jace loves playmates :)

Amy said...

OOPS! I didn't realize I was signed in under my sis-in-laws. the Becky Plank post is from me :)