Saturday, January 31, 2009

THE NAME DREYKEN

So a lot of people have asked us how we came up with the name Dreyken Jade. It started back before Tarek was even born and we were thinking of names for him. Dan liked the name Drackon, I was not such a fan. We decided to go with the name Tarek instead. Well, a few days before Dreyk was born Dan said he liked the name Drakken instead of Drackon. I still was not sold than he sent me an e-mail with the name spelled Dreyken, and the comment that if we named it Dreyken Roland it would have the same initials as him (Roland is Dan's middle name and the middle name we were going to use for a boy.) I thought the name looked to girlie and Dan said we could use it for a boy or a girl. I liked it for a girl, especially spelled Dreyken, however, I was not sure on a middle name. Dan liked the name Jade and I was unable to come up with anything else that I liked better. Plus the more I heard it the more I liked it. It was a good thing she was a girl because I still don't think that I would have used it for a boy and we were at a loss as to what boy name we would have used. Dan has informed me that the name means "Lord of the Dragons". So anyway, I have to give Dan the credit for the name as he came up with it. Dan enjoys using names that "mean" something so Kalli means "Beautiful" Tarek means "Scholar" and Dreyken means "Leader".

8 comments:

Amy said...

She's beautiful! So sorry about Tarek. Please let me know if you need anything. I'd like to try to come by next week.

Jordyn Parry said...

Congrats Court! I can't wait to see her!

Janae said...

Courtney she is just beautiful!! Congrats on the baby girl. I hope baby Dreyk doesn't get sick too. That could be bad. Get some rest, but post more pictures! I'll get my baby fix off of pictures of yours. :0)

Elaine said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I hope you can get some sleep soon, and that the Jaundice is under control. Give her a snuggle for me too.

Aunt Elaine

Stephanie said...

I love that her name means "Lord of the Dragons". I was wondering if that was what Dreyken or Jade meant. Maysen informed me that it was Dreyken. Is she correct? Maysen is obsessed with dragons by the way. Stockton is still mad that Dreyken wasn't born on his birthday. :)

Dan and Courtney Beck said...

Maysen is correct. Dreyken means "Lord of the Dragons" and Jade means "green" so she apparently is a green dragon. Tell Stockton sorry, but now he won't have to share his special day.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I love the name and she is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Love it! Terek did a good job picking out such a cute dragon for her.